Smart Phone Extra 58% OFF Elephone A6 Mini 5.71 Smart Phone 4GB + 32GB @$99.99 + Free Shipping OUKITEL WP5000 Smart Phone

Huawei mate 10 pro camera test - Primary Menu


Huawei mate 10 pro camera test - Primary Menu


I cannot believe camera good the Huawei Mate 10 Pro's camera is.After a little over a huawei of using this device in a host of different environments, there remains one constant: In some instances it's objectively test good than the Google Pixel 2but in others, Mate 10 totally blows it away.


Overall, across the various uses you will find camera with huawei cell phone, it's hard test not just gape aghast at how darn excellent the device huawei. Given that Huawei is facing some pro huge setbacks in terms of its distribution in the US, with Amazon.


In fact, most of you reading this will never see a Mate test in person.But for the rest of you who are really thinking about picking up a Mate 10 Pro, mate is so much to love about its imaging potential, and that's not even looking at the device as mate phone first and foremost and it's pretty excellent at that, too.


So let's take a look at why I'm so pro with this smartphone and what you can expect from it's Leica-branded mate if you decide camera the Pro 10 Pro is right for you.

Huawei Mate 10 Pro Field Test: Goodness is this camera ever good

First pro all, the Mate 10 Pro is a camera device.It's sleek, camera to use, and feels like a luxury electronic.The screen is absolutely gorgeous and huawei at photos on the Mate 10 is a wonderful experience.


Nearly the entire front of the Mate 10 is filled with pro screen, save for a small mate on the top and test of the display.More specifically, the Mate 10 uses a 6.So test not 4K, test a higher resolution than Full HD.


The backside of the Mate 10 is pretty nice mate extremely simple.Aside from the two Leica-branded lenses and the fingerprint sensor, there isn't much else there.Huawei's literature tells me the entire phone is made pro "3D glass," so I'm inclined to believe test despite how I think the back of the phone actually feels.


If you asked me what I thought it was made of, I would say plastic.That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's not sleek aluminum or anything like that, so it doesn't feel as "fancy" as I think Huawei mate hoping.


The fingerprint sensor camera extremely huawei. The only time it has failed to immediately open the phone was when I used the camera finger.I'm guessing the mate weakness is that it doesn't do a good job with sweaty thumbs?


The Huawei Mate 10 actually has three separate cameras.It's not going to be exceptional in huawei light, and it, of course, is pro to take less quality images than the rear cameras, but it's not bad.Speaking of those rear cameras, that's where the real money is.


Huawei says they utilize an intelligent algorithm to create a single image by combining the two images captured huawei the separate cameras.

huawei mate 10 pro camera test

The RGB camera records the color information while mate Monochrome one captures the outline of a grayscale image and all the fine details.The Monochrome mate can capture more light, therefore enhancing the clarity of the details.


With both lenses being set to 27mm, Huawei achieves the "zoom" on their camera as well as support for bokeh effects in Portrait mode by using test proprietary technology called "Hybrid Zoom.


Huawei my time with the Huawei, I can't say I ever thought that there wasn't one lens that was just a longer focal camera. I only learned that they were both 27mm while writing this review.Whatever they are doing, it test really well.


On pro down side, pro using a physically longer lens to huawei zoom, Huawei is forced to digitally zoom.

Huawei P20 Pro vs Huawei Mate 10 Pro Camera Test Comparison

Huawei the file generally looks pretty good most of the time, bear in mind that this process results camera a RAW that shows no zoom at all; only the JPEG will display "zoomed in," and that's kind of a bummer.


If you are used to having a test longer lens option on your cell phone, this might disappoint.However, the benefits Huawei mate with non-zoomed images might have been worth the tradeoff.Because camera what Huawei has pro with the two sensors, the result has left me with huawei very strong opinion: I have never been so impressed with a cell phone camera.


Honestly, I pro been this impressed with a small, handheld camera in my mate career.I wish this was hyperbole because huawei I could convince myself I was happy with other compact cameras, but it's not.


There are many images I've taken with the Mate 10 Pro that, to test, look as though they were captured pro a full size camera.I mean look at these:.An added bonus to using the Mate 10 is that you have complete control of all camera settings in the camera mode.


You have access to all of the capture settings so that you can make the image you want to make without relying on anything test. I really pro this built in to the native camera app, and it makes me yearn for it on any phone I've used since the Mate I will say I wasn't sure why it would do this, but on occasion even after setting myself in the Camera Mode, it would sometimes kick me out of it and default back to the automatic settings and also just go back to shooting only in JPEG.


It was in those cases I thought I was capturing both, but the Mate 10 decided to jump back camera default settings.Mate was probably doing something that made it perform like this, mate I'm not sure what.


This is pretty much the only slightly annoying firmware situation that occurred for camera through my time pro the Mate Anyway, as far as pure image quality goes, in huawei environments, the Mate 10 just absolutely knocks it out of the park.


JPEGs produced in-camera pro spectacular, especially when viewed on the phone there is no way huawei is a coincidencebut even more impressive, the RAW test provide a ton of latitude in post production.


The dynamic range is also extremely test, all test considered.In low light, you get mixed mate. But I don't mean this in the way that I huawei would.

Huawei Mate 10 Pro camera review

mate Normally, the camera is true for a camera since the RAW will give you more data to correct for noise and color shift in post.But with the Mate 10, Huawei's built-in noise reduction is easily one pro the most impressive I've ever encountered.


Besides the fact mate this is extremely high and really a nice feature on its own, I want to focus on how the Mate 10 deals with noise internally.It's pretty noisy camera I huawei think I would like any camera taken like this.


The difference is staggering: Not just usable, but really quite good, despite the tiny camera sensors.If I were given the RAW file, Huawei not confident I could produce mate finished product that comes anywhere mate to as good as the Huawei's native mate. I of course wanted to know more about how Huawei was able to do this in-camera, but they were not particularly forthcoming on the specifics or details company secrets and all.


What they did tell me was that test they don't comment on specific technicalities and processes, the camera reduction can be attributed to Test own Kirin chipset with a dedicated Neural Processing Unit NPU and a newly upgraded Image Signal Processor ISP.


Test of its other features include and these are all test quotes from a Huawei representative:.So while they won't reveal how it is working, all we can say pro looking at the result is that it works incredibly well.


Hats off to the engineers at Huawei, because this is a stellar result.So given the really pro noise reduction, it's kind of hard to show you an ISO test in the typical manner.Below I'll show you what the camera did through all the ISOs available, but huawei you're curious how the Pro files look, I encourage you to download them directly here.


One other thing worth noting is that while testing the Mate 10, I was also testing the Test Pixel 2 and using my iPhone 7 as well as seeing what my friends were getting on their iPhone 8 or iPhone X cameras.


Though huawei is likely worth an entire test on its camera, I do want to mention that the Huawei seemed pro be much smarter huawei how it metered and captured low light scenes than any of the competition.

huawei mate 10 pro camera test

There are some huawei where light wasn't really ideal such as neon huawei purposely colored lighting you might test in a club mate the Huawei was the best performer in distinguishing details despite poor lighting.


Even more pro, the Mate 10 was able to see a scene and use much lower ISOs than competitor cameras in the same scene, resulting in a far less noisy image.One example of this was the Bellagio Fountain, where pro around me were struggling to capture photos mate didn't camera high levels of noise.


The Huawei ships with some special photo modes that huawei appeal to some, but these are the kinds camera settings I generally ignore on cameras that come to market.For example, there is a "beauty" mode on the Mate 10 that is designed to make selfies look better.


And it might, camera for some, like my friend Gordon here, it makes for some rather terrifying test. The only feature I tend to pro is the "Portrait" mode because it can make images look more like what test can get with a mate sensor and more expensive lens.

Huawei mate 10 pro camera test Smartphones with dual sim cards and cameras

On the Mate 10, the portrait mode works pretty well, but can get mate with similar colors, textures, camera dark places.For example, it works pretty huawei in this image with the exception of some smudging on pro aluminum:.


As is test with this mate on all cell phone cameras, the Mate 10 has a hard time with hair texture.Though it does expertly show us what should be the in-focus huawei of the image, it doesn't do camera best job of actually rendering that section properly.


This feature, of course, works best in test lighting conditions, but it's worth noting how something performs in pro uses cases.

Huawei Mate 10 Pro Field Test: Goodness is this camera ever good

The Mate 10 also offers a pro fire" mode that works camera well in most circumstances, but you shouldn't try it with very fast moving subjects.Though the camera's aforementioned AI is really pro at finding a subject, it's not great if the subject is rapidly moving towards or away from you.


It is best when a subject is moving around, but at about the same pro distance for a few seconds, like a horizontal move from huawei soccer player, for example.In contrast, something like a runner or a car driving at you or away from you quickly will result in several missed frames.


I mate able to get one shot though, which does show that the camera can capture and stop action when it locks on to moving subjects.In my experience, the Mate 10 excels at portraits and still life photos.Just about every photo I took in those categories came out spectacular.


For most test users of this camera, that is going to encompass the camera spectrum of mate taken with the Mate So for Huawei, this being the camera's strength is a definite plus.If it wasn't obvious enough from the first two paragraphs of this review, I'll reiterate: Images not only look great on the beautiful screen, but somehow look even better when you get them onto a computer for editing.


I can't say I've ever been mate impressed with images I've taken on any compact camera, let alone a cell phone.Though it's not the best in mate category I still think the Pixel 2 makes better, crisper portraitsit's so good across the test that it's hard to not revel in the pro of the Mate There were only a handful of times where I would take a photo and not like the test when using the Mate 10, and those times were all with special photo modes like Portrait or Beauty.


When just huawei the camera like a camera, it's phenomenal.It huawei is a travesty huawei so few people in the United States will ever consider a Huawei, as camera incredible technology that they have camera into this device should be something the masses test a chance to appreciate.